Thursday, September 2, 2010

Teacup tea Classes - September 2010

This month, I am excited to teach the following two tea classes at Teacup (2128 Queen Anne Ave. N. Seattle, WA, 98109)!

Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 7:00 to 8:00 PM
Advanced Tea Brewing - In this class we will start with a scientific approach to tea brewing and experiment with a gram scale, timer and thermometer. We will taste several wonderful teas brewed using "optimal techniques" and then we'll try the same teas using "less-than-optimal" techniques. After this, we will discuss an even more advanced level of tea brewing that is more intuitive, meditative and mindful.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 7:00 to 8:00 PM
Exotic Tea Tasting - In this class we will taste some special and exotic teas from many different countries. While we sip these fine teas we will discuss region specific tea drinking traditions and brewing methods.

(Photo by Arthur S.)

My tea classes are great for tea lovers of all levels, so feel free to bring a friend or family member that you'd like to "get hooked" on tea. The cost is $3 per guest and a RSVP is required. You may RSVP anytime by visiting or calling the Teacup (206-283-5931) or by emailing me at blackdragontea@gmail.com.

I will let you know as new classes are scheduled, and please feel free to suggest a class idea on a subject you'd like to learn more about. I hope to see you soon at a class!

2 comments:

Vee said...

That's a very low price for an exotic tea tasting! Makes me wish I lived in Seattle. :) Are you planning on leading a tasting at the NW Tea Fest? If so, I'd love to attend.

Brett said...

Hi Lindsey! Thanks for the comment :)
I'll be at NW TEA FEST for the better part of both days and I will be doing tea tastings as well. I hope to see you there.